Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Little More Color

Lately, my color palette has been limited to earthy colors. I needed to change that up and made this little card last night. I used a beautiful diecut paper from My Little Shoebox, my favorite stamps from Pink Persimmon, felt from Fancy Pants, and a notepad paper from Making Memories. The banners were cut with my heavy duty scallop scissors. My sewing machine was out so I added a little stitching to frame up this card. Speaking of my sewing machine, I am very proud of these aprons that I made this week. I am really happy with the way they turned out. I made one for me and one for Katie. She was invited to do a Make n Take at Reflections 2009 in Newport Beach and I will be there to assist. I am very excited and will take pictures to share!
Did you know that I am a little obsessed with all things British? Well, I am. My latest discovery is the author Chris Cleave. Check out the cover of his newest book Little Bee...
AMAZING art by Roberto de Vicq de Cumptich and so far the book is fabulous. It would ruin the story to give you a synopsis, but I can tell you that it is about a Nigerian girl and a British woman and how their lives collided. The silhouette is fantastic and I adore the typeface. Love it.










1 comment:

Robin Gibson said...

Samantha, that card is 2 CUTE!!! Adorable!! Great job on the aprons too!