Friday, July 1, 2011

Is it Really July 1st?

Are you scratching your head, wondering where June went? I really can't believe how quickly it flew by. Makes me sad. I was a a scrappin fool this past weekend. I went on my very first scrap retreat, 2 nights and 3 days of uninterrupted fun. My husband called it Scrapapalooza anytime he referred to it. I went along with a dear friend that I met when I was teaching preschool a long time ago. My friend that invited us, Kay, I met at a friend's house, Kay was the demonstrator for DOTS (now Close to my Heart) . Back in the day, we used to meet every other month with Kay and she would show us new products and stamping techniques. I was a very simple cardmaker so I would always ask Kay to just make my card for me, I couldn't focus on too much coloring or technique! Let's just say she totally laughs at me these days.
I made 8 lay outs and 5 cards, not too shabby for me. My freind Anne? Umm she made 66 layouts and finished off 3 rolls of adhesive for her Scotch ATG. Takes me 3 weeks to finish off one of those rolls!!!!! The lo above is something new for me, no pics of people, but of a few of my fave things that I had photos of on my iphone.
This is my BFF's middle son, he is a gorgeous blonde haired, blue eyed boy. When we visitied them in Hawaii, he showed us how to make his favorite waffles. He did not hold back on the butter. I had fun scrappin this page and I did something new for me. When I scrap multiple photos, I keep them touching each other or else very close. In this lo I separated the 2 from the one, with a space between...do you see what I mean?
Have a beautiful and long weekend friends!
xoxooxox
Samantha

3 comments:

jen said...

I love it- scrapapalooza! My husband calls them pillow-fights! ha! It's been a long time since I've done a weekend away- but I think 10 pages was my record!!! :D
OH! I didn't know that DOTS became CTMH! that's funny! DOTS is the company that got me started!!!
Your pages are fab!

laterg8r said...

love the ballet page, such a sweet pic :D

Jenny said...

Love your pages! Thanks for the saying "hi" to me on my blog! It's nice to "know" a fellow SC who lives in San Diego :) Which LSS to you shop at? Most of my shopping is done online but I really like Paper Tales in Point Loma. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at your scrap retreat!