Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Lucky Day










I got an extra special delivery today. Last month I was the winner of a RAK drawing on Katie Watson's blog. If you have been reading my blog, you know that I admire Ms. Watson and love her style. So when i found out that her darling daughter picked my number....I was ecstatic , I knew then that I was a lucky girl. I found out today just how lucky....yes all this amazing stuff...she is incredibly generous and brought over this load of product!!!!!!!(ends up we live pretty close to each other and it would have been silly to mail it all.) Do you see all the mini albums? And included in this RAK is the kit for the class she just taught at Cool Scrapbook Stuff in Poway. That class and all the extra kits sold out, but I hear she is putting together 12 more kits for those who missed out you can get yours through the store. Mine is pictured here, it is the photo at the very top. Katie is also teaching at Paper Tales in San Diego this Sunday. Check out her blog for a peek at that amazing minibook.


One more thing.


Katie's brother in law was killed last summer by a drunk driver. He was only 19 years old.


She posted this and a link on her blog. I am reposting it here, I contacted my assemblyman thru this link and he has already gotten back to me.


Please let this inspire us to make changes and change the laws to protect others. There is a legislative proposal that would make the Ignition Interlock mandatory in the last 42 states that haven't already made it mandatory. This is SO easy to sign and send...all you do is click on this link Ignition Interlocks for convicted DUI drivers and fill out name, address etc on the left side and send, it's already written for you. You may add to it if you want or just keep it in the form letter. Takes 2 minutes. from the MADD site----"In 2007, almost 13,000 people were killed in crashes involving a drunk driver. Fortunately, there is a technology that has the potential to eliminate these preventable deaths -- the ignition interlock. These sophisticated devices can prevent a vehicle from being driven by a drunk driver. If they are used correctly -- in concert with treatment, in addition to hard license suspensions and in the vehicles until they are no longer needed -- they can stop repeat offenses.People who have previous drunk driving convictions make up approximately one-third of the drunk driving problem in America. These are people who have been failed by a system that has in turn failed to keep the rest of us safe. Even first-time offenses are serious indicators that a person is likely to become a repeat offender. First-time offenders have driven drunk an average of 87 times before they are convicted and most likely have a serious problem with alcohol. Studies have shown that ignition interlocks can decrease repeat offenses by 64%. We have the technology and we know how to reverse the trend, but the laws haven't been passed yet making this technology mandatory for ALL convicted DUI offenders. Currently eight states mandate or provide strong incentives for ignition interlocks for all persons convicted of DUI -- Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico and Washington. If you are a resident of one of the other 42 states contact your legislators and tell them you support saving lives and eliminating repeat drunk driving offenses by mandating ignition interlocks for all convicted DUI offenders. "


Thank you Katie for making my week!!!!!






























1 comment:

Katie Watson said...

Ahhhhh so sweet.....you are too kind with the compliments. Thanks again for posting the blurb about the Ignition Interlock Bill.... It got passed in Virginia since I posted on my blog about it...so 7 down...a lot more to go...
I am so glad that you like it all...I had fun tying all the tulle on the vintage clothespins.... your house is darling too!!
Maybe next time I'll meet your little girls!
Fun to actually deliver something to someone instead of mail it!!
Talk soon!
~Katie