Friday, July 20, 2012

This Girl Has Been Scrapping.

 Indeed, while my girls are busy with watercolors and legos in the early morning, I sit down at my desk and get busy.  2 Peas in a Bucket have quite a few challenges this week to along with the activities at CHA.  Every once in a while, I love to play along and this week the challenges really inspired me to get cracking at a huge stack of photos.  All challenges are open until July 22, if you want to play along. Let me know if you do, I would love to see.  Challenge #5 asked that you use your favorite collection of papers.  Umm, they are all my favorite.  Really.  I loved Sunshine Broadcast when it first cam out and a year+ later, I still adore it....so here it is.   I tried something new here, a 2 page lay out with different patterned papers.  What I would usually do for a 2 pager is just pick 2 matching cardstock papers and go from there.  I like the result and will try it again.  That sunset paper is lovely.



 Challenge #8 asked you to include 3 trends in your project.  My three are arrows, chevrons and cameras.  And mine are all stamps!  My stamps are making a comeback!

 Instead of ink, I sprayed the chevron stamp with Mr. Huey mists and I really love the watercolor effect it made.
 Challenge #4, use fabric.  I used the trims from Pink Paislee mistables.  I ended up stitching it down, completely because this stuff really frays, all over the place and I didn't like the strings everywhere.
I have been using up this and that from my year of kits that have been piling up.  Hopefully it will be thinned out before I return to work.  I am scrapping as fast as I can!  I did make a few more lay outs for the other challenges and I will share them soon.
Hope you are having a lovely and lazy summer!
xo

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Great pages.... oh how I long to get up in my craft room! Really adore all the embellies you added to the beach LO.

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your layouts, sam! your girls are adorable! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)