Monday, July 2, 2012

Socially Scrapping

 This past weekend I had the opportunity to scrap with a group of women that subscribe or buy from the monthly kit club Studio Calico.  It was fabulous that one lady got it all started on the message board and then arranged with a store for us all to gather and get busy!  I arrived with a couple of friends and met some very sweet ladies.  I cropped from 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM and these are my finished layouts.  just 3!!
 I really thought I would finish twice as many as this.  Too much chit chat!  Oh well, I had a fantastic time and look forward to the next meet up.  I did get about half way through a 4th lay out.
 Whenever I use a kit, I do not stay true to the kit.  I will often use other bits and pieces from here and there.  I used the main kit for June  and an add on.
 When it comes to Thickers, I am a big believer in sewing them down.  All except the foam ones.  I have a feeling that the chip ones will eventually all fall off my lay out and end up in a heap on the bottom of a page protecter.
 Now that I look at the lay out below, I  think only the patterned paper came from the kit...but I could be wrong about that.
 My sewing machine is back in full swing!  I have missed that baby!  I am trying to use my large collection of stamps, the teeny arrows here are from the new Studio Calico Stamp School class.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

scrapping together was so fun. yes, too much chit chat. ;) can't wait to get together again

listgirl said...

I didn't see this post until now! So much fun cropping with you at both crops now! :)