Saturday, August 27, 2011

17 Years Ago

17 years ago I was recruited to teach swim lessons and life guard at a summer camp in the Poconos, sounded like a fun summer job. Well the girls in the cabin I bunked in were nightmares, I think they were nine year olds. The counselor or their chaperone that also slept in my bunk left after a few weeks of camp, she couldn't handle them. Luckily for me I wasn't with the girls during the day since I was down by the lake...but at night.....
Alison was in the cabin next to mine, we shared a wall. She was recruited from England to coach track. She had 9 year olds too, and they were angels, really.
17 years later she is still a dear friend of mine. We don't see each other as often as we would like but she is often in my thoughts. Happy Birthday Ali!

6 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

sweet story, sam! love your layout, the patterned layered circles are so pretty. love the lettering. thanks for sharing and hope you have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

How cool, Samantha! I love how simple & elegant this layout is :) Congratulations on all your beautiful cards in September's Card Magazine!

C said...

The memory may not be sweet but your lo is, Samantha!

Toni said...

I don't know if those are Thickers...but they are pretty cool.

Theresa said...

awww. what a great memory... and such a wonderful layout. love all the circles.
=)

Keshet said...

Such a sweet layout and story! Love this, Samantha!