Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thinning out the Paper

Lily likes to come pose with my lay outs whenever I am trying to photograph them for the blog. ''I help you, momma." I broke out some stamps for this one. I made a mistake too...well, not a mistake , but after I stamped the large LILY, I really didn't like it and was wishing that I had just used stickers instead. So , after staring at it for awhile and finding that herringbone strip of paper in my pile of trash, I laid it over lily and added silly. I still wish nothing was there, but I like this better than the big ol' LILY.

Emma at her second birthday. I have no idea if I have scraped these photos. I know I used them in a mini album, that is why they are printed wallet size. I don't keep my pages in any order. I just stick them in a brown American Crafts D ring album as I finish them. I figure one day I will sit down and organize them, but for now, all lay outs are mixed.
See that frame around the number 2? I use those a lot, it's from Tattered Angels and you get a gigantic set of frames and alphas and they can easily be misted to add color.

The coloring is a bit blue in this photo of Lily and maybe I can see a bit of dried boogie, but I scrapped it anyway, I love it, love her eyes, love this girl who won't poop on the potty for her mommy.
I can't get enough of my butterfly punches. If you said I had to use them on every single page forever, I would say yes. What do you never tire of on your pages?

11 comments:

Ashly Margritz said...

I have *so far* resisted the entire butterfly punch craze. Its really making me twitch and I start to convulse when I find a beautiful butterfly, but so far Ive been strong. Pages like yours make me falter . . . thanks
I never tire of inked and distressed edges on my pages.

lindalou said...

Great pages and I think you are way to harsh on yourself. That Lily stamp looks great and the silly on top is so clever.

I love those frames. I think I want some, but I'm on a no spending spree, so it will have to wait.

TeenaBugg38 said...

ohhhhh such sweetness!!!! I for one LOVE your boo boo....putting silly and a strip over it was sheer geneius! I am gonna mentally file that idea away but do it on purpose....lol. I love all of the layouts! Is the last one a card or 8 x 10?

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, i love your projects sam! always love your layouts! they are just super fun, creative, and pretty! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Lexi said...

I never tire of stars. No surprise huh? Stars for my boys layouts are you r girls' butterflies!
I love the dried boogy layout--didn't see it anyway ;)
The 2 layout makes me wanna cry b/c Pax turns 3 next week.
I love how the "silly" looks over "lily"! Looks intentional, in a good way, to me! And why won't that girl poop on the potty?! Giver her momma a break!
Love you friend!

a1983alaskan said...

Wow! You've been very productive! Great layouts....Love the variety of brads with your butterfly punches :-) How clever of you to cover your stamped boo boo! But it didn't look like a mistake at all! Thanks for the inspiration to use frames :-)
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Babydoll said...

Great save! It turned out cute! :)

Linda Beeson said...

All of your creations are adorable but my favorite is the one with the butterflies on it and the way you laid that one out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,
We randomly picked your comment for the Feb Blog giveaway on the Hambly Screen Prints Blog.
Anyways please send me your address (via the email link on Hambly's blog) - so we can send you a little package.
Thanks!
Allison
www.hamblyscreenprints.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,
We randomly picked your comment for the Feb giveaway on the Hambly Screen Prints Blog.
Anyways please send me your address (via the email link on Hambly's blog) - so we can send you a little package.
Thanks!
Allison
www.hamblyscreenprints.typepad.com

C said...

Samantha...your SB pages are so lovely, tender and beautifully done. Makes me wish SB was in when our sons were small.