Friday, May 21, 2010

That Time of Year...


This little mini was made for Emma's preschool auction. It will go in a basket of goodies donated by the families from her classroom. Of course there are no photos in it, left it empty for the winning bidder. I also kept it simple with embellishments, I didn't want anyone to worry about little hands breaking pieces off. I used Helmar 450 craft glue, so nothing should be falling off, that glue sticks!
Again, there is that May Arts ribbon that I can't resist.


This mini features many of my favorite tags from the summer collection over at Elle's Studio. I love the colors in the collection and they look great with the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday papers. Instead of my friend glitter, I used the Martha Stewart microbeads on the chipboard birdy. I sprayed it with Hydrangea Maya Rd mist first, coated it with glossy accents and then poured the beads all over.



These Maya Road scalloped circle coasters are leftovers from my Christmas card 2 years ago! Instead of a standard card, I sent the circles as ornaments with a circle cut photo of my girls and a pretty ribbon as a holder. That's the year that I learned about bulky letters...they get sent back to you if you don't add the extra 20 cents of postage or worse is when they charge the recipient! Yep, that happened.




Check out the Elle's Studio gallery for more fun ways to use your tags and labels!



































3 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your mini, samantha! so cute! love those flower embellies!! i have to check out that glue. i love a good strong adhesive. i'm always worrying about things falling off. thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

laterg8r said...

what a gorgeous mini :D

Paige Taylor Evans said...

You are soooo crafty it makes me sick :) I mean that in the best way possible, hehe.