Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lovely Crafting for Me

Kim Hesson makes papercrafting cute stuff so easy. This sweet little bird and banner were both cut from wood by her. The wood is light and super easy to work with. It is so smooth too, the kind of surface that you just keep touching. I used Jenni Bowlin paper, Maya Road ric rac, Pink Paislee alphas, diamond dust and leftover fabric from my apron project. The oval frame is from Michael's-it was a dollar! Lucky for you, Kim sells her wooden shapes along with vintage findings here in her etsy shop. She is working on restocking it very soon!! I would like to make another frame for Lily Grace.

Okay, this is so random. I just had to share with you my deal of the week. I bought all these veggies at my local market for only......$9.11. Can you believe it? Cilantro was 20 cents a bunch....radishes .20...butter lettuce 3 for a buck! It's all from North Park produce, they specialize in Middle Eastern food and have a large variety of hard to find veggies, even some of my favorite Chinese vegetables. {So maybe I have a little extra time on my hands. Yes, I took all the produce out of their bags to set up this photo, I couldn't stop myself.} { Please don't tell my husband, I would never ever hear the end of this and I don't think he has ever read this blog!}



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo, you'll have to tell us how you make those lovely flowers. :) Those veggies look great. Nothing better than local :) Are you by any chance Chinese? I'm just asking because I'm 1/2 Chinese. Have a great weekend.

Robin Gibson said...

LOVE your veggie photo Samantha!! And how COOL is that being introduced on the website? WHOO HOO!!!