Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Nest


Have you ever started something and it turned out to be something very different? Yep, that's where this lil house took me. I thought I was making another romantic cottage, but as it progressed, I knew I wanted something else, a touch of whimsy. Emma was thrilled to see the addition of woodland animals, she wants to know why they don't make it into all my projects. The roof is made from vintage lotto cards, I cut them up and layered them like roof shingles. Mica sprinkled on top provides the shimmer. This was my first time using mica, I love it! Hmm what else can I sprinkle it on? The house is from Maya Road, papers are Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket.

















4 comments:

Katie Watson said...

This is so cute. I want to see the rest of the pictures.......I need close ups! Love the addition of the woodland animals...remember I said that you would figure out that one element....well that was it, it made it a friendly little cottage. Love it Miss Sam!

Tracy said...

Ohhhhh gorgeous,luv it luv it!!
Can you pop over mine as i have something for you thanks
hugs
tracy
xxx

Susan.... said...

Thats absolutely beautiful,the colours are gorgeous too...hope you don´t mind me taking a peek at your blog....
hugs
Susan (saramar) x

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...the colors are terrific and it is a perfect project for spring!